What is REACH?
The REACH Trial is a no-fee research study funded by NIH and brought to you by researchers in the VCU School of Medicine. The study is testing three unique weight loss programs for 18-25 year-olds in order to understand how we can best help Richmond Emerging Adults Choose Health! Individuals who enroll will be randomly assigned to one of these three treatments.
Recruitment for our fifth group of participants is currently closed. Check back in Fall 2018 to fill out our online pre-screener and see if you are eligible for our next group.
- Healthy lifestyle program designed specifically for 18-25 year-olds - we've taken the gold standard, evidence-based behavioral weight loss program and adapted it to include what young adults told us they wanted in a program
- Individualized plan and coaching - all participants receive a personalized weight loss program including thorough health assessment and feedback on results; one group-based meeting, and one individual meeting with a lifestyle coach who will personalize your goals and help you adopt proven strategies for weight loss, improved fitness, and health; access to a technology-mediated platform that includes weekly lessons and strategies; and weekly personalized feedback and coaching to help you stay on track
- No fees - the lifestyle program and health assessments are free of charge
- No "control" group - all participants receive thorough health assessments and a state-of-the-art lifestyle program tailored to their individual needs
Am I Eligible?
To be eligible to join REACH, you must
- Be between the ages of 18 and 25
- Have a BMI between 25 and 45
- Be interested in adopting a healthier lifestyle
- Live or work in the greater Richmond area
If you're interested in participating, check back in Fall 2018 to take our secure online screener, or contact Megan Henderson with any questions: 804-827-2250 or Megan.M.Henderson@vcuhealth.org.
Calculate Your BMI
Like what you see?
Check back in Fall 2018 to take our secure online screener, or contact Megan Henderson with any questions: 804-827-2250 or Megan.M.Henderson@vcuhealth.org.
Funding provided by the National Institutes of Health